Session Descriptions | Pricing | Location & Lodging | Register | Share your Voice |
Explore policy, practice, and community engagement in choice-based sessions at the LIS Fall Conference.
Join the Great Schools Partnership and other members of the League of Innovative Schools (LIS) in Norwood, Massachusetts, on October 28, 2019, for a powerful and engaging day of customized learning. Focus on policy, practice, or community engagement—or choose to attend sessions in all three categories.
View our online interactive schedule for session descriptions
The cost of the LIS Fall Conference is $175 per person. $75 for college students, and $25 per student (grades 6-12)
Your registration fee includes:
- Participation in all sessions
- All resources and materials
- A light breakfast and lunch
The LIS Fall Conference will be held at the Four Points by Sheraton. The address is 1125 Boston Providence Turnpike, Norwood, Massachusetts, 02062.
Our hotel room block at the Four Points has expired but they may still have availability. Please contact their reservations department directly at 781-769-7900.
Alternatively, we have an overflow block set up at the Courtyard Marriott Boston Norwood/Canton. This block expires on Monday, October 7th. You can book your room online, or contact their reservations at 781-762-4700 and reference LIS to receive our negotiated rate of $131 per night.
At the LIS Fall Conference, there will be three types of sessions:
- Presentations: Learn about the innovative and timely strategies, techniques, and approaches educators use to improve their schools. You will also get the resources and tools you need to implement your learning.
- Workshops: Get introduced to innovative tools or strategies, then roll up your sleeves and put them to work for your school. These sessions are open to all participants, but may be particularly useful for school or district teams.
- Discussions: Using a discussion protocol, engage in thoughtful, facilitated conversation about important and relevant topics. Get to know and gain insight from your fellow LIS members while interrogating issues that are important to you.
Registration is open to all LIS members. The deadline to register is Friday, October 11, 2019.
Non-Emergency – If you cannot attend the event you may transfer your registration to another attendee or request a refund. Refund requests for cancellations must be received via email two weeks prior to the event date. The full amount paid minus a 10% processing fee will be refunded. Transfers can be made without penalty at any time, however, we cannot guarantee name changes on materials. No refund will be issued for cancellations received within two weeks of the event, unless in accordance with the Emergency Policy below.
Emergency Refunds may be granted within two weeks of the event if an attendee is unable to attend due to the death of an immediate family member, hospitalization, or other extraordinary circumstance. Refunds will still be subject to the 10% processing fee. All emergency refund requests must be received no later than two weeks after the event conclusion.
All cancellations and requests for transfer must be sent in writing via email.